This is Elayna playing in her car, in the snow:
This is Katie hiding in the leaves:
This is Katie after a finger painting experience. Note the "lipstick":
Katie is so incredibly obedient and sweet. Most of the time. She also throws intensely horrible fits.
Elayna is a definite climber, she opens doors, she wants to be outside all the time. I'm sure she has pulled over more things than Katie even knew existed at her age. I'm sure most of it is because Katie only saw what Ryan and I interacted with. Elayna sees what all 3 of us see, plus anything within her reach that she thinks should be pulled on.
Katie keeps finding and giving me pennies. (probably the same ones, over and over.) Then, when we go shopping and I tell her we don't have the money for it, she says, "I gave you money! You have lots of money!"
Elayna loves to suck on lotion containers. The pump kind, tubes, flip lids, etc. I have also found her sucking on the pump of our soap. I guess she must like the scent, and figures the stuff inside should taste the same.
Friday nights are movie night. Ryan got some new animated Justice League Unlimited shows (cartoons of heroes, for those unschooled in the world of comics) that we were watching. Elayna has never been much of a movie watcher, but she likes to play downstairs while we watch. Last Friday, she wandered upstairs and shut the door. That left her upstairs, in the dark, all by herself. After we heard her screaming, Ryan went and opened the door for her. Next, I heard some thumps and went to investigate. She had pulled the nipple of her bottle off the towel where it was drying. She was whining and grumbling as best as she could while sucking on it. She was headed towards the stairs to come get me, I assume. Poor thing. I felt bad that she had to go find her own bottle before I would put her in bed.
We had a great Thanksgiving. We had a leisurely morning, then went up to Provo to have dinner at Mickie's house. Delicious food, as always. They started getting out the pies before we could leave, so we had to have some of their desserts. Then we went back to Santaquin to my parent's home and had even more dessert. It was a great day. We love being able to spend so much time with our families.
We set up some Christmas decorations yesterday. Ryan put up lots of lights. I think the girls had lots of fun with it. It is fun to think of doing our own traditions now. My Mom always made Christmas Punch. Ryan remembers listening to "John Denver and the Muppets" Christmas songs. He remembers listening to that record and a Disney record while setting up Christmas at his house. We are going to try and come up with some traditions that our girls will remember. I was thinking we needed some special food that we ate after decorating. Because food is always good.
No comments:
Post a Comment