Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Halloween 2009

My parents have a great Halloween setup. They have a "fish pond" off the balcony:



The "hair" the girls got from fishing:


Eating donuts off a string:


An Obstacle course with crawling:


And jumping, balancing, climbing, sliding:


Also cousins and pizza!:


My parents put a lot of effort into these activities, and the kids all love it!

Thank you to Naomi for providing these pictures. I was very upset when I realized that I forgot the camera for the other half of Halloween; bowling with the Bowman family!

We ate at a new Mexican place in Payson, which Ryan and I weren't terribly impressed with, but the food was really good. Then we went to the bowling place, also in Payson. Katie and Elayna wanted to spend most of the time playing with the computer that inputs the names and scores. Katie was pretty good at getting the ball to knock down some pins, especially after we found a ramp thing that she could put the ball on, then push it onto the runway. (I saw the ramp in Mike and Kristine's videos, so when I saw something similar leaning against the wall, I was excited.) Of course, Katie was very specific that she needed a pink ball. She refused the lightest ball they had, even though it was a reddish pink instead of pink pink.
Katie was ahead most of the time, but Ryan and Jerry won in the end. We had a lot of fun with them, and we were pretty exhausted by the time the day was over.


Ryan also had a birthday in October. I think he enjoyed the day.
My mother was asking what Katie was going to give Ryan for his birthday. Katie's response was, "Maybe I could give him one of my toys that I don't want anymore?"

She actually ended up giving him a Depeche Mode pin from his present he got back in April for Father's Day, his birthday, and a little bit of Christmas. (It was a deluxe set, and cost a lot.)

We love him so much! Happy Birthday Ryan! (pretend this was written 3 weeks ago, okay?)

No comments: