Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Update on Marissa and Ryan

I'm overwhelming myself with projects:

-Starting both girls' baby books, (wanting to have them finished before Christmas, because that is a good cut-off date)
-trying to organize my actual photos (since I've never really done it before, and it was confusing trying to find baby pictures of the girls)
-trying to organize, print, and/or upload digital pictures
-wanting to print blog books out for Christmas (not going to happen this year)
-I've gone through most of my desk, papers, and folders. Recycling old papers, filing things to keep, putting all photos together.
-labeling and identifying blog posts for future reference
-coloring paper dolls for Katie
-trying to get ready for Christmas
-7 sewing projects for Christmas

I don't think I've really made any headway on most of these things. My office is now relatively organized, but doing that just gave me more ideas of what I need to do.

Looking at this list, I'm definitely going to have to focus on Christmas stuff first, then work on baby books in those blah months until I can work outside again.

Alisha was here for about 2 weeks at the end of October. That was really fun to see her and her son. We tried to spend as much time with them as possible.

I'm running or exercising at least 3 days a week. I try to run outside with my mom on the warmer days, but I think those are over. Luckily, Mom and Dad have a treadmill, and an Elliptical, so I will still get my exercise in.

I'm a couple of pounds below my pre-Elayna weight. (Now Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years will help ruin that.) But I feel good, and some days I even have enough energy to really play and dance with the girls for more than half and hour.

Our Ward Primary Program was a couple of weeks ago. I'm the pianist, and I was pretty nervous about it. But, I made some mistakes, and the children kept singing, and nobody told me how awful I did. In fact, I was thanked and complimented, so it was good. I still really enjoy the calling.

Ryan got called to be a Sunday School teacher to the 16-17 year olds. I think he is excited about it. He is a really good teacher, and he will be a great influence on these kids.

Ryan's work is still great. He is a wonderful asset to the company, and he enjoys what he does. He's still working at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC in Payson.

Ryan's week usually includes all of the following:

-teaching Jerry a computer language
-hanging out with Derek
-have a date with Marissa
-watch movies with Matthew
-watch sitcoms on DVD with Marissa
-laundry (that's right. He does all the laundry. How lucky am I?)
-play computer games
-look for new toys to buy
-box up stuff for eBay sellings
-unpack stuff from eBay purchases
-other misc stuff that he does at night while I'm sleeping


He gets home each night at about 6:30, and we eat and play with the girls until about 7:30. After the girls are asleep, we might do something together, or he will do some of his activities while I work on my projects.

He also comes home almost everyday to have lunch with us. It really breaks up my day, and gives the girls another chance to see him.

He is great about spending time with us as a family. He doesn't spend any time on himself while I'm awake unless he's with Derek on Tuesdays or we are doing our separate things.

He also has every other Friday off, which gives us long weekends twice a month. It is so wonderful to be able to spend our weekends relaxing together and playing with the girls. We might not always get everything accomplished that we wanted to do, but we enjoy the tickling, wrestling, teasing, fighting, watching movies, taking naps, and just plain old fun that we have instead.

I'm very grateful that Ryan is so devoted to our family.

No comments: