
Katie asked for Ramen for dinner last night. But as she told me, "You make the noodles great, but the sauce is not so great. Daddy makes really great sauce." Ryan puts all sorts of spices in the broth, and I just open the little package that comes with the noodles. I'm happy though. That means Ryan can be in charge of a meal or two each week, if Katie wants to eat it.
My mom was reading a story to Katie about Santa Claus. Mom asked Katie, "Is Santa going to bring you a present?" I guess Katie just laughed and said, "no". She thought it was a joke.
Since then, she has learned that he should be bringing her presents, and gets upset if we tell her he isn't. I don't even know where she learned any of this stuff!
Ryan has an aunt that we call Mickie. Katie was telling me about Mickey Mouse (I can't remember why? a movie, or a story?) and she said, "not our Mickie. Another Mickey." Then I said, "Mickey Mouse?" and she seemed relieved to know that I figured it out.
The girls have lots of fun in the tub. I usually let them just play in there while I do stuff on the computer or cook dinner. (I'm always within ear-shot) Katie was calling for me to come see them. Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles. A kid's best friend.
I was "resting my eyes" on the couch downstairs. Elayna kept whining about something, so I finally turned around to figure out what the problem was. She was stuck, and couldn't get down. She had climbed up there all by herself. Notice how far away the chairs seem to be. I don't know if she pushed them away while she was climbing, or what. It is just a funny picture:

Elayna never crawls anymore. She's running and chasing Katie all over. Those girls have so much fun together.
I told Elayna her bottle was under her bed, then asked her if she would go get it. She crouched down, saw it was there, shimmied on her tummy till she could reach it, and brought it to me. I think that is the first time I recall her following instructions that were more than one step.
I was braiding Katie's hair, and she sneezed (or "blessed you", as she says). We told Elayna to go get a tissue, and she headed into the bathroom and pulled the toilet paper off until it was all off. (thankfully the roll was almost gone) Then she brought the paper to Katie.
She is getting better about coming when we call, or not doing something when we tell her no. She will cry for me, and I'll tell her "I'm in the living room", or wherever, and she will come find me. It is amazing how children learn and grow every day.
1 comment:
This climbing thing is going to get her in trouble some day. The problem is that she such a doll that someone will always save her.
Post a Comment