Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wounds

Katie has gotten her first real wound. Irma will be devastated I am telling this, but it did happen at the Bowman's house. Of course, we don't know how it happened, but Irma noticed some blood on the handle of her oven. We thought maybe Katie had bumped her mouth against it, but then we noticed there was blood on her hands also. We investigated, and found that there was a small piece of skin hanging off her little pinky finger. It bled for a little while, but it didn't seem to bother Katie at all. Even as I was trying to keep it from bleeding, and I was dabbing the wound, she didn't seen to understand what the big deal was.
Irma, just so you feel better, last night Katie got a bump on her head at the Evans' house. Mom has this cute box that has drawers in it. The knobs on such drawers are very pretty and colorful. Katie has been fascinated with it since first sight. We have told her repeatedly that she can't touch it, and sometimes she even obeys us! Last night I didn't realize she was by it, and she pulled it on top of her. I thought it had just scared her and that was why she was crying. Ryan and I both told her that she wasn't supposed to be touching it anyways. Then, as I took her into her Dad, I noticed a bump on her head. Then I felt a little bad, but maybe she will learn that she isn't supposed to play with it. While I was nursing her I put a cold washcloth on it, so it isn't swollen. She just has a little bruise.

No comments: