Sunday, June 5, 2011

Katie's 5th Birthday celebrations

Katie's birthday was on Sunday this year. This is our pretty birthday girl dressed up for church, with streamers and balloons in the background:





She went to lunch with my parents to Tsing Tao-our favorite Chinese place. I'm pretty sure Mom and Dad were grateful to not have McDonald's, again. Then they took her shopping. This is the first year she has been able to pick out her present. She really wanted quite a few things, I guess. She even asked if she could have one thing now, and then another present when Mom and Dad saw her on her REAL birthday. Um, no such luck, cutie. This is the present she chose. A fairy costume with wings, and pink high heel shoes.


Katie also got to have a "friend" party this year. We have always had family parties before. This is the cake. I thought she wanted a Sleeping Beauty princess on top, so I assumed this cake topper I got from Amanda would suffice. After the party was over, I asked her if she liked the cake. She said that she liked it but it wasn't really what she wanted. Apparently she wanted the cake to be in the shape of Sleeping Beauty. Well, this is close enough. :)

These are the "friends" she invited. They are all family, except the girl to the right of Katie. She was a friend from Preschool. I had planned to have the girls come, play for a bit outside, then we would do cake and presents and send them home with a goodie bag. I guess other Moms are better party planners than me. Every single girl (including both of mine) came up and asked me when the party was going to start. I had to tell each of them that "This is the party". They all seemed disappointed. Oh well.

Katie had lots of fun opening her presents and having friends there. I actually think some of the cousins were a little offended that the friend (Megan) was there, and that THEY (the cousins) weren't the most important people in Katie's eyes at the moment, but I think they all had fun.

(from left to right) Kylie, Hannah, Abby, Elayna, Bekah, Megan and Katie:
At Irma and Jerry's house, Clarissa had made cupcakes for Katie's birthday:


Katie got a beautiful pink dress with matching ribbons from Irma and Jerry. They also gave her a ceramic tea set so she can have tea parties at home.

Elayna was playing with the animals and lining them all up in a row. It was very cute.



Matthew gave her some dice beads. Clarissa got her "Happy Birthday to You!" by Dr Seuss, some earrings and a bracelet.
Ryan and I got her a "Pinkalicious" sticker book, a bead set with thread, and a package of stickers, small notebooks, pens, a ruler, bookmark, misc items like that. I think she really was excited about them all.

We love our Katie. She loves to help around the house. She gives hugs when they are needed. She helps with Annalisa and Elayna. She makes sure everyone is happy. She is such a sweet girl; so loving, caring, helpful, beautiful, smart, obedient, etc.
Love you sweetie!

No comments: