Thursday, June 10, 2010

GG's party

My dad's mother, who my children call GG, had a summer/school's out party for her great grandchildren on May 27th. She gave each of them a water bottle with their name on it. This was a huge hit! My girls love them. Here are Katie, Bekah, Abby and Gracie waiting for the pizza to arrive:


We ate some pizza, then the children went outside to play. GG has a merry-go-round that I remember playing on as a girl. It is still there, and all the kids love riding on it. We usually try to have an adult nearby, just because the babies will get on, and if it gets going too fast... Thankfully nothing serious has happened so far.
Nathaniel, Sadie, Bekah, Abby, Gracie, Katie, Elayna (see the pigtails behind Hannah?) and Hannah:


GG, Naomi, Amanda, and I sat on GG's back steps and watched while the kids played. Elayna wanted to go inside and jump on the small trampoline that was in there. Hannah joined her after a little bit. Sadie and Gracie were on the porch with us too, for most of the time. This is the look Elayna gave me as she was going inside. I'm not sure if she thought she was in trouble, or what:

This is a picture of Katie, Bekah, and Abby way way out in the back field. I don't know how large of a plot of land they have, but walking out to take a picture, then walking back to the porch, then walking (well, I actually started racing Josh the last half of the walk) to the farthest tree away to get Hannah unstuck from the tree, then walking back to the porch, etc. Wore me out!

After the kids had played for a bit, we called them back inside to roast marshmallows.
It was lots of fun, and soo yummy! I love perfectly roasted marshmallows that are roasted on a real fire. A light brown crust with a melty inside. Yumm. It almost makes me want to go camping, just to roast some more. Almost.
Katie, Nathaniel, Bekah, Junior, Ben, and Abby:


All the children had lots of fun roasting their own marshmallows. Katie claims she liked them kinda burnt, but I don't think she ever had to patience to eat a lightly toasted one. I offered one to her, but she didn't even want to try it! She's missing out!


Elayna didn't even have the patience to roast them. She liked them raw and whole! That girl sure makes me laugh:

3 comments:

Gillian said...

We love the picture of Elayna with her mouth stuffed full! What a cutie.

Amanda said...

So much fun!

Alisha Haight said...

I miss those parties...I totally should have been there!!