Sunday, June 6, 2010

April Photos:

Katie and Elayna wanted to help Grandpa Jerry and Daddy fix the riding lawn mower:

Katie and Elayna playing outside:


Katie fell off her bed the other night. Remember she sleeps on the TOP bunk. Ryan and I heard a Thump!, then a short cry, then nothing. We ran to the door, but she didn't seem to be crying, then...Whahhh! We went in, and she actually seemed more upset that she was awake and on the floor than hurt, thankfully. We put her back in bed, and she went right back to sleep. Elayna didn't even wake up at all.

Elayna is speaking in 2-3 word sentences
"I numing" (I'm coming)
"nilk" (milk)
"bess you" (following a sneeze)
"Daddy home want" (I want Daddy to come home)
"hep me pese" (help me please)
"hep me hep me hep me" (help me help me help me--when you take too long to help)
"hold you?" (Will you hold me?)

I was singing to Elayna, and I couldn't guess the song she wanted, so she kept saying, "No.......no..... no... no nonononono" until I stopped. She loves to sing, draw/color, play outside, jump, see people she loves, carry her purple rabbit ("Layna's babbit") around, have me undress and dress Barbie dolls, and play by herself. She entertains herself very well.

One night after Elayna cried, I put her back to bed. I gave Katie a kiss, and she woke up and said, "What are we doing today?" Poor thing, she had only been asleep for about 5 minutes.

When it was getting close to my due date for Elayna, we started having Katie sleep at the Bowman's house, so it wouldn't be so hard when we were in the hospital with Elayna. She actually slept there once a week for about 6 months, I think. Then she would get sad, and call for her Mommy and Daddy, so Jerry told Irma that she was being mean keeping Katie there.
May 12, 2010 was the first time she has slept over since then. She had so much fun. She wasn't sad to see us leave, and she enjoyed every minute of it. I asked her when she got back if she had missed me, and she said she had, a little.
Since then, I have been instructed on how to make scrambled eggs, repeatedly. Grandma Irma is the only person that can make them right, apparently.

Speaking of "apparently", Katie was at my parent's house, and she stepped on something sharp. Grandma Paula said "sharp things aren't supposed to be on my floor". Katie replied with "Apparently there was, Grandma". Apparently I use that word a lot. ;)

Katie was throwing a tantrum the other day, and I heard her yell, "You're not my favorite Mommy anymore, ever ever again!" It made me laugh.

Katie has been wanting to give a talk in Primary ever since she realized that the children take turns giving talks, saying prayers, and reading scriptures. The Primary Presidency hands out the slips of paper with assignments on them the week before. Katie was sick May 2, so she went home early. The next week, May 9, when we got into Primary, Abby was sitting at the front of the room, ready to give a talk. After Abby informed Katie that she was giving a talk, and Katie wasn't, Katie started just bawling. We went to the back of the room and asked the Presidency if she could read a scripture. They, of course, were delighted that she wanted to participate.

May photos:

I wanted a picture of Katie playing with her cousins. This is a picture of them playing on Naomi and Dennis' playhouse in their backyard. Nathaniel,Sadie, a neighborhood friend, Hannah, Bekah, another friend, Katie, and Elayna's hand.
After I took the above picture, I realized you couldn't see Elayna at all, because of the beam. This is from the other side of the playground set:

Naomi took this picture of Gracie, Hannah, Sadie, and Elayna playing together at my parent's house:

No comments: