Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cute-ness

I was telling Irma and Jerry about how tired the girls were the other night. I said something to the extent of "I put them down and 5 minutes later, they were GONE!". Katie happened to be listening, and asked, "Where did we go Mom?" I said something like, "you went to sleepyland (don't know where that came from. It just popped into my head) sweety." Katie asked in a somewhat concerned voice, "Why weren't we in our beds?"

Elayna is having fun "saying" prayers for the family. She will repeat one syllable from whatever phrase Ryan and I will say for her. It's adorable!

Katie has been coming into our bedroom at about 5:00 AM. She will ask if she can lay by us, and we say, just for a minute. Then, we fall asleep, and all the sudden it is morning. Then she started asking, "Can I lay by you, just for a little tiny bit?". We decided this needed to stop, since we both lost sleep over the fact that we might smush her. We told her no one night, which prompted much wailing and gnashing of teeth. The next night she asked, but when I told her no, she went back to bed. Or so I thought. When I woke up in the morning, she had pulled in a blanket and pillow to make her own bed in our room. Finally, she has been staying in her own room for a couple of nights now. And Elayna isn't waking in the middle of the night much either. So we are actually getting uninterrupted sleep at night. It's great!

Elayna has wanted to sit on the potty. She started it, and seemed pretty happy with herself. She has definitely connected "stinky" with "potty". She will say, "Bum. Mom, Bum! Potty!" and we will run into the bathroom. 3 times we have even made it in time! It's pretty exciting.

One night I went in to check on the girls. Katie was sleeping fine, so I looked in Elayna's crib. And I noticed that she had her favorite blanket wrapped tightly around her head, and her neck. Oh horrors! It really scared me! I know she just was laying on it, and it got wrapped around when she turned over. It wasn't tight around her neck, but it took some pulling to get it off her head. When it came off, she gave a big sigh and went back to sleep.

We put up Bunkbeds for the girls on Monday night for Family Home Evening. Irma, Jerry and Matthew came and helped (since Ryan helped them cut down a tree on Saturday, they wanted to return the favor). Katie loves it. She sleeps on the top, and hasn't fallen off yet. Elayna likes to pretend to sleep on the bottom bunk, but when it comes time to actually sleep, she wants her crib. Elayna loves climbing up the ladder, but she can only make it about halfway. Then she slides through and lands on the bottom bunk. She did this over and over. They are having lots of fun with it.

I've been working on putting my blog into book form, so I haven't written much. I also found some videos on our camcorder, so I'll try to get those up soon.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I can't believe Elayna is old enough to potty train? Crazy!