Elayna has started rolling over a lot more. I put her in the crib last week, and when she hadn't fallen asleep yet, I went and checked on her. She was still completely wrapped up, but on her stomach, instead of her back where I had laid her.
Elayna is saying "da da da" -no reference yet, but hopefully it will turn into Dad soon.
She also just has fun baby noises. Cooing, squealing, laughing, babbling, etc.
Elayna will play with me. She'll have my fingers in her hand, and she will pull it towards her mouth, and I'll say, "No, no no" and she'll just laugh.
Katie was pretty sick last week. She sounded like a frog for a couple of days. Gratefully, she seems to be over it, and I don't think Elayna really caught it. Elayna has been sneezing and has a runny nose, but no cough, so I actually wonder if it is seasonal allergies.
On Tuesday March 17th, Elayna picked up a cheerio with one hand, put it in her mouth, and then picked up another one with the other hand and put it in her mouth. Then, on Friday, she picked up the cup by herself and brought it to her mouth to get a drink. She is being really grabby lately. She had a paper in her mouth that Amanda and Mom were trying to get from her, and she just clutched it to her so violently that we had to laugh. She WAS NOT going to give it up easily.
Katie went to the dentist on the 18th. We talked about it the whole way to the dentist office (10 minutes) and then there was a Dora the Explorer book about Dora going to the dentist that we read in the waiting room. Katie got to choose a movie (Tinkerbell) and then we went in. She was a little scared at first, and it took some coaxing to get her x-rays, but with much cajoling and bribery, she consented. The funny thing, to me, is that the dental hygienist (whose name was also Katie. This was remembered for days afterwards) did the x-rays, the heavy blanket, (for x-rays), the flossing, the cleaning of the teeth, put a mirror in her mouth to look around, etc. Katie thought she was great. Loved the dental hygienist. Then, the dentist comes in, tries to simply TALK to her, and she climbs off the chair and into my lap, whining the whole time. He didn't even do anything to her. And she wouldn't let him. If the hygienist held the mirror, Katie would let the dentist look in, but nothing else. So strange. She also does that with the doctor. The nurse gives her the shots, and Katie gets all upset and clingy when the doctor come in.
Katie has been fairly good at taking her dishes from the table to the dishwasher or sink after meals. She really is a great helper.
The other day, Katie and I were putting puzzles together. Well, the puzzle had 2 pieces that had already fallen out, so what did she do? She put the pieces back in, so that she could dump the whole puzzle out. Funny girl.
Katie's favorite phrase right now is "I want to!" or for variation, "But, I want to!"
She usually says this with quite the attitude. Sometimes she will say it softly, repeating it. This is because I've told her she can't yell at me. Sometimes it will be soft, then get louder with each repetition. Other times she will just yell it, because she is really upset. She is "really upset" a lot, actually. What a drama queen.
No comments:
Post a Comment