I have been tagged by my friend Val. Her blog is here.
The rules of the tag are as follows:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let the person know you tagged them on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when you've posted.
1. I am incredibly intimidated by Facebook. For some reason I feel as though I can't please everyone on Facebook, so I won't please anyone. For example: People write on your "wall" (whatever that is. I still don't really know what most of the things are on this site). After they write on your wall, I assume you write them back. Here's the problem. I didn't know how to do this for a while, and now, 3 or 4 people have written on my wall, and I'm afraid that if I respond to one, and not all of them, I will be detested and shunned from the community. I also feel that I don't have anything cool or funny to say, and if the entire world can read it, I don't want to sound lame.
2. I like to organize things, repeatedly. This seems to be wearing off, as my free time is eaten up by my children. I'm okay with that. Who needs to have their drawers and closets perfectly organized?
3. I love the smell of wood. I like it when it is burning. I like the smell of lumber yards or stores. Sawing wood creates a pleasant smell. It all makes me feel slightly productive. Or at least motivated to build something.
4. There are certain things that I love to look at: Office Supplies, Organization techniques/ideas, and kitchen tables. These things will occupy my attention, regardless of need or time. I don't know why pens, Post-it notes, paper clips, paper, Sharpies, etc. are fun to look at, but they are. Also, different types and ways to organize things? Always a big hit. And yes, I have a perfectly functional kitchen table, but what if I find something better?
5. I have 23 vases in my kitchen, above my cupboards. I also have 3 clear glass pitchers, and 7 champagne goblets (mostly from my honeymoon in Vegas). You know, in that useless space between the top of the cabinet and the ceiling? Where the dust bunnies gather to have large, unruly parties? Amazingly enough, I have actually cleaned all those objects. Once, when I moved into the house, (3.5 years ago) and twice, when I was "nesting" with Katie. (2.5 years ago). I was hoping to get to them again with my second baby, Elayna, but no such luck.
6. I have 4 dozen dried (Ryan likes to call them dead) roses hanging from a wire rack above my kitchen counter. And I remember where they all came from. Ryan. He's great.
I'm Tagging: Hillary,Hannah, Heather, Ryan, Clarissa, and Gillian.
2 comments:
Great Job! It is so much fun to read and get to know more about you! I can't believe how big Katie is - she is a true beauty!!! I need to see the baby! I hope to maybe make it out this coming summer - longer than a couple of days this time!Miss ya -
I've posted my list. Read and pity my random weirdness. :)
Post a Comment