Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Beautiful Girls

 

Katie has grown up. She not only seems bigger, but she acts older. She doesn't throw fits as much, and she is very helpful around the house; mostly getting stuff for me when I'm feeding Elayna. She is still fighting being potty trained quite diligently. Everyone keeps telling me that she will just decide to be trained one day, but I really wanted that to be before she goes to school! With changing 2 girl's diapers throughout the day, I tend to leave the diapers lying around in piles. She will go around with a plastic shopping bag, and collect all the diapers, and then throw them in the garage, so Ryan can take them out to the garbage can.

 

Elayna is getting cuter each day. She coos and purrs while she is sleeping. She actually has slept for 4.5- 5 hours at a time, which is great. Ryan is so great about letting me sleep as long as possible. If Elayna's noises keep me up, he will take her downstairs with him until about 1:30 or 2, so I can have uninterrupted sleep until then, at least. He also will change the diaper in between feedings so I don't wake up all the way. It is really hard for me to fall back to sleep sometimes, so this keeps me sleepy enough that I can go back to sleep easily.

 

Elayna stretches a lot. She also will smile when I get ready to feed her. She has this uncanny ability to tell when I'm looking at her when she is asleep. She will be fussy, so I will sit up to look at her and make sure she is okay. When I look at her, she is peacefully sleeping. When I lay down, she starts fussing again. Pretty funny.

 

Katie still loves to pose. She is copying new words each day. She can name most of the Superheroes, action figures, and villains that Ryan has collected. She says "No thanks", and "bless you" (quite loudly and emphatically after a sneeze).



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

It's all so cute! Hi katie!

Alisha Haight said...

Elayna is so cute with that flower in her hair. I'm glad Katie is helping out so much.