My mother's Aunt Betty lives in an Assisted Living Center in Santaquin. Dad, Ryan, Katie, Elayna and I went to a Luau with Aunt Betty on June 11, 2010.
She got this tag, with a bag full of swedish fish, a small flashlight, and some other little trinket. I think she was supposed to take the fish home, but we left it on the table, then the performers came, and we completely forgot about it. Really, we did. I must say I'm glad we did though. I didn't want to have to buy stuff to keep a fish.Elayna was peeking out of her bedroom door, trying to see if she should be awake. She saw me looking at her, and opened the door, just a bit. I said, "Who is that?" and she said "Elayna! Wake!" (with her hands open, like, surprise!)
I made some Blondies (imagine a cookie, smashed into a cookie sheet) the other day. I gave some to Katie, and
Katie said, "Hey, these taste like that Chinese place we like to go to!"
Me-"What do you mean?"
K-"I don't know, they just taste like it. I'm going to call them Chinese Blondies."
I trimmed Katie's hair on June 11, 2010. I thought if I just trimmed off the bottom bit, it would comb easier and be a little curlier. I actually got a little fancy, and did shorter lengths in the front, and kept it longer at the back, so it looked like a U. This is how much hair I took off:
We were over at my parent's house. They have a Wii, and Abby and Junior were playing baseball on it. Abby was swinging, and Elayna walked by. Abby whacked Elayna pretty bad, so Elayna was crying in my lap. Amanda said to Abby, say "Sorry Elayna".
Elayna, through her sobs, says, "Sorry Elayna".
Elayna likes to go around the house singing. She was holding a book, singing, "Hold You Mommy, Mommy. Mommy hold you".
Matthew Bowman had a birthday this month. Irma had wrapped one of his presents with a white kitchen bag. Katie, when she saw it was for Matthew, said "Just a bag of garbage". She was trying to trick Matthew, like we try to tease her about things.
Elayna was saying prayer, and I said, "Heavenly Father", and she whispered "Father in Heaven" - like her father usually starts prayers. It was so cute.
In Primary, the kids love to sing "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes." Their favorite part is that they try to sing faster than I can play the piano. It isn't too hard, so this time, I just didn't play the piano the last time, because I truthfully couldn't figure out how to play it that fast. Well, we came home from church, and Katie told me she wanted to teach me something. "What?" I asked. "Let's go downstairs, and I'll teach you how to play piano faster."
For a while, Elayna was eating dirt by the handfuls, but she wouldn't try raspberries. I couldn't believe it. Then one day, as we were picking raspberries, she just reached up and picked one and put it into her mouth. She likes raspberries now, and only occasionally eats dirt. She knows she gets into trouble when she eats dirt.
Irma, Jerry, and Matthew went to New York to visit Jonathan, Gillian and Peter. While they were there, they got these adorable sun hats for the girls. They really like them, but they didn't want to pose. They wanted to be outside:
Katie loves to ask her father "How was work?". She will ask me stuff like, "How was work Mommy?" or "How was your date Mommy?" (when I've been with her all day). I'll try to tell her something funny and ridiculous, then she will laugh.
Elayna was playing peek a boo with her baby doll. The doll would hide under my covers, then she would look for it, and pull it out, and say, Peek A Boo!
Katie goes to Amanda's volleyball practice every once in a while. (It is great, because I get time alone with Elayna. Abby and Katie have lots of fun at volleyball too.) Probably about once a week, but we don't plan it that way. I guess one day, Amanda looked over and saw Katie standing on the bleachers saying, "Everybody! Listen! I am the prophet. You have to do what I say." Where do kids come up with these things?
1 comment:
So funny, I love all the stories!! You must be teaching Katie well if she is imitating the Prophet!!
Post a Comment