Monday, May 10, 2010

More pictures

I love this picture of Katie. She is so cute, and the cap frames her face just right. Plus her hair looks gorgeous. I am amazed sometimes by how completely beautiful my little daughters are.


Ryan is currently on a "Transformers" kick. That means he started out by purchasing some Star Wars Transformers. In his words, "I won't collect Transformers though. That would get too complicated. I'll just get these Star Wars ones."

The next step is seeing some really cheap ones on clearance at Walmart. "It is such a good price, and I had one like this as a child". To be fair, it took 2 or 3 years to get to this point. He was distracted by different lines of toys until recently.

Next thing you know, he has 4 or 5 of the same figure (but they are painted different, you know), and more coming each week. He buys special fan produced trailers. (meaning the company didn't make a trailer for a truck. So Transformer fans got together. They designed, built, and hired a company in China to mass-produce a trailer so lots of people could have this special trailer. Lots of work.)

He spends time switching them from vehicles to robots. He watches movies of how to transform certain figures so he will know how to do it when the figure arrives. Of course the girls have noticed his small (ha!) fascination with these Transformers. They get excited for the boxes to come, and want to see each new piece he gets.

They really are pretty neat. It is amazing to see the process each figure goes through to change from a very realistic looking fighter plane (or vehicle or other mode) to a convincing robot. Each figure comes with complex instructions, just because the process is so complicated.

One day, he brought up a couple of cars and trucks. Ryan, Katie, and Elayna played with them for about 20 minutes while I just watched. It was really cute. Here is a picture that doesn't show how much fun they are actually having:


Sunday morning I was trying to get pictures of the girls in their new May Day dresses. I wanted a picture of all 3 of us together, but Ryan was at Choir Practice. I held the camera in front of us, and after about 5 tries, we got this shot. I really like it because you can see how different our eye colors are. I hadn't noticed it this abruptly before. Mine are blue, Elayna's are a deep brown, and Katie's are hazel green. Ryan's eyes are also a deep brown.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I never realized that about your eyes either. Pretty mom = pretty girls