Saturday, May 29, 2010

Katie's 4th Birthday

Katie turned 4 years old on May 29. The Bowmans were going to be gone on her birthday, so they had a party for her on the 23rd. Katie got a Pink purse, with Pink sunglasses, a Pink gem as big as Katie's fist, some small perfume bottles, and some shells. Matthew also gave her some small glasses, that we use for special occasions and for tea parties.


Irma also embroidered a cute half sweater for her. And gave her some gloves to go with it.


Irma made a rabbit cake for Katie, decorated all cute.



Singing Happy Birthday to you:



Having fun blowing out the candles:


The morning of her birthday, Ryan and I put up some balloons,

and gave her a bike helmet with elbow pads,


and some dry-erase markers so she can practice in her "school book". (A book she can draw in, then erase, then draw more, etc.)


We had a cake and ice cream party with her cousins. (And other extended family, but she was mostly excited about the cousins, "who are also her friends")

The cake: (not nearly as impressive as a rabbit)

Singing Happy Birthday:

A Present from GG:


Beauty and the Beast DVD!


Elayna also had fun with her cousins:


Especially Gracie, Hannah, and Sadie. They all fought over the same vehicles, even though there were enough for them all to have their own.
Gracie and Elayna made a compromise for this one:


My parents came and gave Katie her present. Then they took her on their annual lunch date. They get to take each grandchild out to lunch for their birthday. I know the kids and the grandparents love it. Katie opted for Wendy's. She didn't each much, I hear, but she had fun.

The goods--> 2 incredibly cute outfits:

Katie's hair is down to her waist, her favorite things right now are pink things, small bottles, riding her "new purple bike", singing, telling jokes (especially ones that don't make any sense at all!), helping Mom, watching movies, swinging, playing at the park, playing anywhere besides home, and playing with Elayna (most of the time).

We love having Katie in our lives. She is such a sweetheart. She will come up in the middle of the day and say, "Guess what I did for you Mom!" Then she will show me the bathroom garbage can is emptied out. I will tell her Thank You, and she will say, "I did it because I love you Mom." So cute!

She is very well behaved, she has a wonderful sense of humor, she is very smart, and of course, ONE of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen!

We love you Katie!

No comments: