Katie has a lot of fun with the swimming pool that the Bowman's gave her for her birthday. She is quite spoiled by the Evans' pool though. After Katie's pool had been sitting in the hot sun all day, she still thought it was too cold to play in. The neighbor kids were playing in their Slip 'N Slide and invited Katie to join them. Now THAT was cold! She felt one splash, and was NOT going there. We invited the kids to come to our house, and they thought it was a hot tub! Katie was still too much of a wimp to play in her pool. I'll work on making her run around first, and then she will appreciate her pool more.
This is my Elayna:
...Talking on the phone. Surprising that she actually knows this is a phone, since we only use cell phones.
The other day Katie told me that I had "bless you" all over me! What? Oh, a sneeze. That makes sense.
Mom finally translated what Elayna says on the phone. "Hiayou"
Translation-"Hi. How are you?"
Elayna opens and closes her hand to say Goodbye. She is also crawling all over the place, and walking between furniture. She will be walking soon. Ryan has a Depeche Mode song called "Wrong" that he listens to a lot. Katie likes to sing along, and Elayna will mimic the word wrong. (the song repeats the word "wrong" about 20 million times) It is very cute. She will actually mimic quite a few sounds. We had her saying "Ta da!" the other day.
Katie is talking clearer and understanding things better. We were reading a story about Noah, and there was a picture of the boat in the water. She kept on asking what it was, and then being confused when I told her it was the boat. Then, she said something about the boat not all being there. I told her some of the boat was under the water. She looked really hard at the picture for a minute, then laughed, and said, yeah, silly me. She has a great understanding of humor.
Well, I take that back. Abby and Katie were swimming the other day, and Amanda asked Abby the question, "What are you eating under there?" Abby, of course, responded with "under where?" and laughed. Abby asked Katie the same question. Katie responded with "underwear", laughing also. It was obvious that Katie didn't comprehend the joke when Abby continued to ask Katie, and Katie would respond with random items. "dragons", "chocolate", etc. Mom, Amanda, and I were laughing so hard.
Speaking of Katie and Abby:
These two girls have so much fun. Amanda and I have commented that for this stage (and probably this stage only!) it would be fun to have twins. They can spend all day together, and not need a parent at all. They have so much fun together. Amanda and I take turns watching the girls so the other can get something done at her house. It is great.
On a side note, I was released from Relief Society Secretary. It will be nice for a change, but I will miss knowing all the sisters in the ward. Each sister in the ward has something unique and interesting about them. I just wish I had gotten to know each of them better. I loved serving with Jenet Grill, (President) Valerie Michalek, Lynn Peterson, Cleann Brost, (3 1st counselors served throughout our Presidency) and Cindy Coughanour (2nd Counselor). They are wonderful ladies and I learned so much from them!
3 comments:
Ummm, dragons? That is hilarious. I wish we lived closer so Ethan could play with his cousins. I can't believe Elayna is getting so big!
How fun for Katie to have a cousin so close by!!! I love it when they can play so cute with one another! I will always treasure the time we served together! You really touched my life and I am thankful for your amazing example.
MORE POSTS PLEASE!!!
Post a Comment