Thursday, June 11, 2009

Videos and stuff

A quote from Katie, "When you was a kid, and I was a mom, like 3 months ago?" (she really likes for us to trade places, so she can be the mom. The other day she wanted to be a mom so she could take a nap. "Cause mom's tired all the time." Uh-oh. Guess I better be more energetic. :)

Speaking of energetic, this is my two girls dancing: Katie freezes up when she sees the camera, and this is pretty tame for Elayna.


We played doctor this week. She was the doctor first, and asked concernedly, "What's wrong? Does your throat hurt?" Then she put a movie on for me, of my choice. (interesting to note, most of the time, the first movie that was requested was usually not available. Like she feels that no matter what she asks for first, it just won't be there?) Then, she dropped some pretend eye drops in my mouth for my throat. Next I got a pretend shot on the neck. And then, at the end, 2 pieces of pretend candy. We then switched places. We did this for about an hour. Lucky for me, Ryan came home, so we could stop. During lunch, she said, "How you feel guys? I did heal you cause I'm Jesus."

Ryan really wants to teach Katie to speak correctly. "Say Bio. Now say physics. Biophysics."(Not really a word we have worked on, but I can't think of a suitable example at this point.) "Speak clearly, Katie." Anyways, Katie was trying to tell Ryan and I about the movie "Fox and the Hound" that she had been watching at Buppa Irma's house. She said the dog's name was "dofur". This is the conversation that followed:
Katie-Doughfur
Us-gopher?
K-No. Dahfur.
Us-Dahfur?
K-no... say Dah
Us-(laughing uncontrollably at this point) caw?
K-no. speak...
Us-clearly? Katie, we just don't understand. The fox is named Tod, right? What is the dog's name? Can you say it again?
K-I don't remember anymore.
So I came home and looked it up. It is Copper. Close to Dahfur. I think we might have made her feel bad about it, but it was just so funny.

This was supposed to be a video of Katie opening presents, but I switched to filming Elayna halfway through. She is really moving all over the place. I'm reminded why crawling is such a hard stage of a parent's life.


Elayna is pulling herself up on anything she can grab. Including Katie's legs, drawers, etc. She likes to hold fingers and walk, as long on when you walk with her, you go in the direction SHE wants.

This is some phrasing that Katie uses when she prays. It is so cute! "Thank you for we can bless the food." "Thank you for we can go to Daddy's Mommy's house."

Elayna waved at Ryan today. Opened and closed her hand at least. And, I think she might have said "Mommy" at me while I was changing her diaper. Plus, I've got to get a recording of her saying "Hi Katie!". It is so clear. It's amazing that she is talking already at 10 months.

3 comments:

Alisha Haight said...

Ah, love the quotes and movies. Keep 'em comin':) Katie is so crazy.

stephanie said...

your stories crack me up. Katie is so funny

val m said...

Katie is cracking me up!!! She needs to come and spend a day with me so I can just listen to all of the fun things she says! Great job at documenting them - I can't believe how much I've forgot and they are always asking me to tell them things they said or did when they were young!(Not that there really very old now!)