(I think I'm going to go print this one professionally and hang it in my room. I love this picture!)
Elayna is moving all over the place. Mostly here:
The red part is my couch. I usually put her on the rug in my living room (my house is mostly wood floors), and she scoots backward. She is so close to crawling. I must admit, I try to sit her on her behind, instead of putting her on her tummy when I set her down. I think I'm trying to avoid the inevitable. It will be fun when she crawls, but so much harder. Already it is hard to keep things out of her reach.
One of Elayna's favorite positions:
I just love how her little legs are bent. Not straight in front. Just kind of casual and stable.
Katie is doing a pretty good job with the whole potty-training thing. She has kept her bed dry since New Years. I know this because GG (my dad's mom) tied quilts for all her great grandchildren for Christmas. Katie had one accident shortly after Christmas, but that was the last one in bed. During the day, however, is a different story. It can be frustrating, but as everyone keeps telling me, it comes and goes, in stages. Eventually she will be all done training, but she will regress once in a while. Sigh.
I thought Elayna had seasonal allergies. For about a week, she was all stuffed up, but still had a runny nose (how does that work? My nose does the same thing, and it still confuses me). She was just miserable. Since I was dealing with my allergies, I figured that is what she had. But, it only lasted about a week, so now I'm wondering if she was actually sick.
We've been trying to give Elayna real food. I got really scared though, about 2 weeks ago. I had given her a little bread, along with some other food she had tasted before. Not long after, we noticed that she had hives on her neck, and she acted like they itched really bad. Then, little red spots appeared on her chest, and stomach. Yikes. So, I called my brother, Mike (he's a Physician's Assistant) and he told us to give her a little Benedryl to take the swelling down. While Ryan was at the store getting some, I rubbed some hydrocortizone cream on the bumps. The combination of the cream and the medicine did the trick. But, I am now really nervous about trying new foods. I can tell she wants to try "chewing" her food, rather than just drinking it. I'll just keep the medicine handy, and be brave.
Elayna used to wake up about 4 times a night. I decided that was enough, and we tried to skip the first feeding at 11:00 pm. She cried for 2 hours. We would go in, calm her down, get her to fall asleep, and then, 2 minutes later, she was screaming again. Not a fun night. Katie actually slept in our bed for those 2 hours, because she couldn't sleep either. After a couple of nights of screaming, she has now changed her schedule to just wake up at about 2:30 or 3:00 am to nurse. The mornings I go running I wake her up to feed her, then put her back to sleep. Most mornings she will sleep until 7:30 or so. Much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment