Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Trying to catch up-December

This is our annual Family Picture. I'm really happy with how it turned out:


And of course, our beautiful happy girls:


Katie and Elayna were playing outside, and just enjoying the sunshine. This was taken a couple of days before Christmas:



Katie was making up a word for bouncing a ball. It starts with F and has 4 letters in it. I told her that word wasn't allowed in our house and maybe she should just say, "Bounce, bounce."

Katie was playing at my parent's house. We were there for our Christmas Dinner. She leaned back against the couch, but it wasn't there. We don't know if she hit her mouth on the table, or just bit through it. She had a puncture wound in her lip, and then a cut right below her lip. I think her tooth went through the top of the lip to cut through the lip again to hit her skin. It bled for a while, but she was really good about keeping still and holding a cold washcloth on it. It didn't even bruise much. I don't think I could have gotten a good picture of it.

Elayna is usually drinking only water before she goes to bed now. We have been trying to wean her off the milk, because she eats plenty during the day. She was solely on water, but the holidays set us back a bit. We gave in and put some milk in her bottle because she was so tired and upset. We put in about 1 tablespoon for a whole bottle. As long as it looks white, she is okay with that.

Elayna usually folds her arms for prayer. She can point to and say nose and eye.

I was feeding Elayna on the 30th. I looked in her mouth, and noticed she has 2 molars coming in. Actually the bottom right is pretty much in. The top right only has about 1/4 out. No wonder she has been so fussy lately!

Here are some Christmas pictures that I stole from Clarissa (Thanks Clarissa!)

Ryan and Clarissa were kind enough to invite us all over to their house for dinner and talking. Some of the guys went downstairs to play the xBox. Guess where the kids gravitated to?:


I loved this picture of Jonathan reading to his son Peter, and to Katie:


Elayna and Peter got the EXACT same toy from the Bowmans. See the other toy behind them, on the left? That didn't stop them from fighting over whichever toy the other wanted:


Our family, in front of the Bowman's Christmas tree:

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Don't you just love it when your kids make up words? So fun. I love seeing you guys with the other side of your family. Sometimes I forget that you guys have a whole other group of relatives :)

Alisha Haight said...

I love all those pictures!!