Katie in her snowsuit (and looking so happy to be posing for the camera)
Katie being "SuperGirl"-she loves to play with her Daddy, especially flying
Stack of Girls-This seemed to make them both happy. Ryan realized later that he had inadvertently "cut" my head off, but that was okay. I was still in my pajamas, so I'm sure my hair and face weren't done.
Ryan's 30th Birthday Cake-this was my first attempt at a layered cake. I think it went rather well.
Katie likes to play with my computer. The other day I came in and noticed that she was rearranging the folders on the desktop. The funny part is, I have a family picture for the wallpaper, and she had placed a folder so each person was "holding" a folder. She is so funny!
She also threw a massive fit all morning on Tuesday-I think we were both very worn out. After that, I decided that a lock on the outside of her door is a very good idea, so I have a chance to walk away from the situation, instead of just getting madder and madder.
Katie is almost completely potty trained. She even sleeps with her underwear on during naps and at night! Naps aren't a problem, but at night, Ryan and I take turns getting her up and taking her to the bathroom. It usually works out to be about 11 when I go to bed, 2 when Ryan goes to bed, then about 4 or 5 when Elayna wakes up to eat. She sometimes really doesn't want to go with us, but overall she is a pretty good sport about it. She has only wet the bed twice since Saturday, and that was just because one of us forgot to get her up. The other night, she after she had finished washing her hands, she actually ran to her bedroom, jumped into bed, and was asleep before I got the covers completely on her!
Elayna is holding her head up very well and sucking on her fingers when she can get them in her mouth. She laughs when tickled on her neck and squirms elsewhere when tickled; a sure sign she will be ticklish.
She is awake lots more; she is kind of falling into a routine: sleep for 12 hours at night, only waking to eat (and only every 4-5 hours, usually!) then taking 2-3 two hour naps during the day. It seems like she is taking naps more, rather than just sleeping on and off all day.
3 comments:
Hey, what is up with Katie's new smile? And how come you didn't tell me you posted again! Good thing I checked...
Cute kids! (and cute bottom half of your face Marissa). We can't wait to see the whole thing next week.
Mike
What beautiful little girls!! I love the curls on Katie - makes me Me 3 year old Larisa! I miss talking with you my cute friend!!Your hair cut is darling!
Post a Comment