
We went to WalMart to get some lunch stuff to eat after the Temple ceremony, and stuff for Hillary and Rick's honeymoon to Costa Rica. (mosquito spray, etc.) As we were checking out, Steve commented that "This is what hell must be like. Stuck in a WalMart store, wandering around endlessly, and then waiting in line for the slowest checker in the store." By then, we all agreed.
After being in WalMart for a VERY long time, (I found some Star Wars toys for Ryan, so the trip wasn't a total loss, from his point of view. :) )we finally checked out and headed to the hotel.
I was so grateful that they let me be involved, and they let me stay in their hotel room for the night. They were so generous. Steve spent the night in his son and daughter-in-law's room so I could share the room with Terry, Megan, and Hillary. I actually got to spend some time with Hillary because of this arrangement, whereas at a wedding/reception, you only get to talk to them for a moment, usually.
Saturday morning was the Wedding Ceremony. The ceremony was wonderful and beautiful. Hillary and Rick look so happy together. The temple and the grounds are a beautiful thing. I wandered around the temple grounds, and looked at the Visitor's Center while the Family Pictures were being taken. The Visitor's Center had a room that had lots of photos in it. They were fun to look at. There were all sorts of themes, and most of them had a scripture or thought that went with it.


I spent more time with the Kews, and then we went to the reception. It was in an old colonial-style building on St John's College campus in Annapolis. The room was gorgeous, with all sorts of woodwork and huge windows. Such a fancy reception. (Or fancy for small-town-Utah-girl. I'm used to receptions in cultural halls.) They had a buffet table with hors d'oeuvres, then dinner, then dancing, and cake, and cookies.

I think it is one of the most fun receptions I have been to in a while. Plus, Hillary's friends were gracious enough to include me in their table and talking, so I didn't feel all alone. One such friend let me ride home with her and her sister, so Alisha and Matthew didn't have to make an extra trip.
What a fabulous experience. I would not have been able to go, without the generosity of Alisha, Matthew, Steve, Terry, Megan, and Hillary, as well as some friends of Hillary. Also, on the home front, Ryan, Irma, Jerry, Mom, Dad, and Amanda helped out so much with Katie. I am so grateful for their help and love. Thanks again for making this trip so absolutely wonderful!
1 comment:
Cool! looks like you had a great trip. We're glad you got to go!
Post a Comment