Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Teeth. (That's right, plural.)

Katie has had a fever for about a week, give or take. At one point she had a fever up to 102.7 degrees underarm. Of course it was in the middle of the night, so I didn't have anyone I could call for advice, besides the doctor on call. He told me that "they" don't really worry about a fever until it is 104 or 105 degrees. I don't know if I will wait that long every time, but it is good to have an idea of what needs to be taken to the emergency room or clinic. Of course, as I was going back to sleep, at 2:00 am, I realized that Mom and Dad were in Hawaii, and it was only 10:00 pm their time. Oh well.
Katie has 2 teeth now. Both on the bottom. It had been mostly fun to just cuddle and hold Katie while she has been sick, but this morning she was happy and cheerful when she woke up. And then I remembered how much fun she is when she isn't sick. She is so cute! She talks and laughs; she doesn't grimace (trying to smile, but really not feeling like it) when she is being tickled. She will play by herself, instead of me needing to hold her constantly. She is such a cheerful and pleasant child. I sure hope it lasts.

No comments: