
I just love the expression on her face in this picture. She is holding a picture of Clarissa and Ryan's dog, Ryot. Maybe she is upset that Ryot didn't come to the party.

Happily surrounded by some of her cousins.

Her first chocolate and first ice cream. We had to make allowances for her 1st birthday!

She is just so beautiful and happy. What a sweetheart.

Katie's party on May 26th was very fun. We had lots of family there. Jerry was nice enough to take these pictures for me. He probably took 60-100 pictures, but these are the best.
On another note, Katie's life has changed a little since she turned one. She is now riding in a front-facing car seat, which she seems to enjoy more than the rear-facing car seat.
She has been tricked into walking 3 times, 2-3 steps each time. "Tricked" means that once she has figured out that we want her to walk, she firmly and loudly protests. I know she will walk eventually. No rush.
She is also sleeping better. Katie has slept since Tuesday night, at least from 7 or 8-ish, until 5:30 or 6-ish. Nice, since she used to wake up at about 2:30, 4:30, 6:30, 7:30, and finally 8:30. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It is nice that she sleeps practically the whole night.
Now if I could just get to bed earlier, I would get enough sleep also. Ryan and I like to spend the time together after she is asleep. We don't always get to bed as soon as we should. But we really enjoy the time that we get to pretend we are just husband and wife, not Mom and Dad. Not that we don't enjoy being parents. It is just nice to be people again.
1 comment:
She is such a doll!! I love to see the pictures and what you write.
Post a Comment