My cute little Katie, off to her first day of School:
This is the entrance to the Kindergarten classes. They have a separate entrance than the rest of school, because there are afternoon classes also. I went to Santaquin School, and I remember this Kindergarten entrance and play area. It's fun to see how things have changed, and how things have stayed the same.I remember the brick wall, and the plants around the school, oddly enough. But the play equipment has changed. I'm sure it is much safer.
Ryan stayed home with Elayna and Annalisa while I took Katie to school. She was very excited. We put her backpack on her hook, found her spot at the desk, and she started doing work. I kissed her goodbye on her head, but she didn't even look up to say goodbye. :(
Then she got took 1 bite of the ham sandwich I made, and said, "wow. this is so yummy. will you make this again?" I guess she was starving because she ate an entire sandwich, plus some pretzels and half a bottle of water. As she was eating, she told me the plot of the story they read, but I guess she didn't get a turn to answer the question the teacher asked because she just shouted out the answer instead of raising her hand to answer. She told me about a little boy she had seen at the park the other day, and how he said twice that he remembered her. She said recess was fun, but they just had to stay in the little playground, and that wasn't as fun as the other big playground we walked by when we brought her to school. She said there was a girl that she sat by that was really neat, and she liked her.
I think it was hard because Abby, Chase (a cousin), one boy from our ward that is in her Sunday class, and a girl whose Mom I used to run with are all in the other morning class. She didn't know anyone in her class. She will make friends quickly though. I think there were about 12 kids in her class, so that's a pretty good size. I plan on going to help every other Wednesday morning. Amanda said she'll watch Elayna and Annalisa. Then on the days Amanda goes to Junior and Abby's classes, I'll watch Gracie.
Tomorrow I will make sure she has more than a half glass of milk and 1/3 of a piece of toast. I think she must have been so excited that she couldn't eat, even though I told her to eat more. Ryan will take her to school each day, and Amanda and I will alternate weeks of picking up. It will be nice for Ryan and Katie to have some time together, plus it will help Ryan get to work more consistently. He is usually pretty good about getting there between 9 and 930, but this will get him there at 9 every day, I think.
It is fun to have Katie in school. It gives me an excuse to spend some alone time with Elayna in the morning, and then Katie and I get to spend time together doing homework and reading in the afternoon. Annalisa and I spend lots of time together. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment