Wednesday, September 22, 2010

July 2010

I started doing something called Bountiful Baskets on June 7. They have pick-up locations in Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Texas, Arizona, Nevada & Washington. It is a food co-op, so we get food cheaper, because we buy it as a group.

Each week on Monday night, I order a basket, then the following Saturday morning, I pick up a basket of fruit, and a basket of vegetables. I don't choose the food, so it is always a surprise. Plus, it only costs $16.50, which is a whole lot of food for not very much. This is what I got the first week. 6 fruits-bananas, apples, apricots, coconuts, cantaloupe, and grapes. 6 vegetables-romaine lettuce, celery, new red potatoes, broccoli, tomatoes, and string beans. I also got 7 dozen tortillas for $10. I really like doing the baskets. I love the variety, and I feel that I need to eat the stuff I buy, so we get to try new things. Plus, we weren't eating very many fruits or vegetables, because I just didn't buy them. Now, we eat a lot, and it is great!


July 1--I came downstairs to see Elayna like this. It was so cute, I had to take a picture. And, of course, since I had the camera out, we took one of Katie also. This is a wooden truck Toy Box. Ryan and his siblings used this for their toys when they were little. Grandpa Palmer made it for them. (Irma's sister Mickie's husband's mom)
Ryan had his softball tournament on July 2. They didn't win anything, but they sure had fun.

We paid off our last credit card on July 7th. We only have Ryan's laser hair payments now. Here is a comparison shot for you.

Before: (after a day or 2 of not shaving, he is pretty scruffy)
About 6 months into the 90 week (almost 2 years) treatment: See how patchy his cheeks look? His neck and cheeks have had the most improvement so far.

My friend from high school, Hillary Kew Martell, and her husband, Rick, came and visited on July 14. My parents came for some of the visit, and we all had such a great time. I love visiting with Hillary. Also, she is pregnant, so that is very exciting. She is due right around Christmas time. I can't wait for her to experience the ups and downs of parenting. It is scary, fun, hard, fulfilling, and wonderful.

On July 16, Ryan's cousin Derek invited his family to come to a family friendly Karaoke place for his birthday. We had a lot of fun, because our group got to do all the singing. Not many others were there, until later in the evening. Katie, Jasmine, Bella, Ryan, Derek, Lexy, and I sang, but the rest of our group mostly just watched. It was really fun. We will probably go back sometime.


July 25-My cute girls love their dad so much! They love cuddling with him on the couch. With MY Rainbow Brite blanket. (My Grandma Evans made the blanket for me when I was baptized)

July 26-Abby, Katie, and Elayna had dressed as Princesses, so I had a Princes Tea Party for them. Special small cups, food cut into little bite sized pieces, pink milk. I think they enjoyed it.


I finally got my Blog Book published. It has pictures from 2006, then blog posts from 2007 and 2008. I think I'll try to do 2 years in each book. This one had 307 photos and 144 pages. It was printed and delivered by July 30, and cost $50. It was so worth it, in my opinion.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I printed a blog book out last year; I used Blurb.com. What program did you use? I agree... totally worth it. It's MY kind of "scrapbooking".

We love bountiful baskets too. Your girls are so grown up and beautiful.

Marissa said...

I used Blurb too. I'm really happy with it.
I hear you are moving back to Utah?

Chiska said...

Marissa, I love seeing all you and your cute girls are doing. Thanks for the comment about the blog book too. I've been trying to get that put together for us, but have been nervous about how it will turn out. Thanks again!