Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Project Update

I decided I just had to have new garden boxes this year. This is the big pile of way-to-expensive dirt that I had delivered to my home. The girls had so much fun playing in it. Katie was completely black all over. She is so good, she went into the house and got all cleaned up before I could get a picture. I think that was the dirtiest I have ever seen her.


My Garden boxes before:


My garden boxes now:


Thanks to Jerry and Irma for the work, time and money donated. Thanks to my parents for the money, time, and lots of advice donated. Thanks to Ryan for listening, giving advice, putting them together, and helping with all steps of the process.

We got our garden planted. Nothing was really growing, so Dad and Irma both advised putting fertilizer on it. I'm pretty sure I could see a difference within a day or two. Now it is beautiful, and has tomatoes, onions, some peppers, and flowers growing in it. All the other things I planned on planting died, or didn't get watered enough at first, or got heat stroke, or the seeds were bad... plenty can go wrong with growing things.

In March, I decided that my kitchen tile grout looked stained and faded. This is the before picture: (yes, I scrubbed it clean before this picture)


My tile grout after:



You might not notice a difference, but I think it looks a lot cleaner and more uniform in color. I'm very happy with the result.

2 comments:

Alisha Haight said...

Okay, I know I am not supposed to covet, or be jealous....but I totally am!!!! I want a garden box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evans Family said...

The garden boxes look great. What did you do to the tile? It looks great as well.