Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Elayna gave Katie kisses the other day. It was adorable. Katie had gotten hurt, and was crying. Elayna leaned over, and with an open mouth, gave Katie 2 kisses on her cheek.

Elayna was playing "got your nose" with her finger on my nose. She would point at and touch my nose with her pointer finger, then laugh when I said, "Oh no! You got my nose!"

Ryan tilled my garden and I got it planted. We have cucumbers, tomatoes, cantaloupe, peppers (red, yellow, and Anaheim) peas, beans, radishes, onions, zucchini, and yellow squash. I'm way excited. They all seem to be doing well. I don't know why it is so amazing to see beans and peas come up from plain dirt, but it is awesome!

I had a nice Mother's Day. Ryan got me beautiful flowers for my pots in front of my house. He also went "garden" shopping with me to find all the vegs I wanted. Katie and Elayna got me some gardening gloves, some Katie-sized gardening gloves, and some fingernail polish I could share with the girls. It was a nice day. I love being a mother. It is definitely the most fulfilling thing I could possibly be doing right now.

Alisha visited Utah for a week. It was great. We love having her here. Her son Ethan is just adorable. It will be so fabulous to have our reunion in July when all my siblings and their families come for the weekend at my parent's house. We have a ball.

Elayna says Dada (and knows who she is talking about). She also says KT and looks for Katie when saying it. She has said Mama, but I don't think she has a clue what it means. :)

Elayna went for her 9 month check-up. She is 25.5 inches tall, and weighs 18.6 pounds. Everything else is great. She is eating more "real" food, and she hasn't had an allergic reaction to anything she has eaten recently. She has a fabulous sense of humor. She loves going to bed at the same time each night. Her nighttime feeding schedule varies most nights, but at least I know she wants to be in bed by 7:30 each night. She will sleep about 12 hours, only waking to eat 2-3 times. Bleh. I'm about ready to be done with nighttime feedings.

I started running again. Mom, Amanda, and I want to train for a half marathon in August up in Logan, Utah. We took a couple of weeks off after the race, and I can sure feel it. If I didn't know better, I would think I've never run before. It is silly, but I feel like I'm starting at the beginning all over again.

Katie is such a wonderful girl. She is so happy and helpful. She loves Elayna so much. Those 2 girls just giggle when they see each other. I hope they always love each other this much.


3 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of your garden!

Evans Family said...

I know what you mean...it is so fun to watch things grow. Sure excited to see you in July! You guys have inspired Mike to run a half marathon. He is most likely going to do it in September...

Love you!

Alisha Haight said...

"Plain dirt?" That was funny:)